Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Loman Beach Park.




Last weekend, I had a wonderful opportunity - weather provided - to capture some great scenes. It could not have gone better, in my opinion.

My wife and kiddo and I were checking out a record store in West Seattle, and when we were leaving, I noticed the oncoming sunset blazing across the sky. I opened up Google Maps and found a nearby park on the beach, Loman Beach Park. We B-Lined for it, endured the cold, and spent a good hour or two there.

I really tried to apply some things I have learned recently about composition, camera settings, and HDR in general. I would like to think that I did a pretty good job with this shoot, especially for it being but my second time. I got 15 photos from this shoot that I simply could not leave out, from a total of 30-something bracketed photos. This is pretty good compared to my first outing, with 7 photos being left in out of 126.

Of the fifteen that I kept, here are a couple of my favourites:


This is probably my best photo yet, and it was almost completely by incident. 

The silhouetted boy in this photo walked in just as I released the shutter and was still moving right up until the two-second timer went off. He managed to stay completely motionless throughout the three bracketed images. 

I am quite pleased with the way this turned out.



Here, I was able to create a sort of battle between darks, lights, and the nothing that is the lack of colour. While the human eye tends to focus on the brightest point in a photo, I feel as though I have created three defined focal points here, without taking away from the photo. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment